乐经之路 The Long Lost Songbook of Chinese Rock

by Second Hand Rose

supported by
/
  • Compact Disc (CD) + Digital Album

    a digital download of this album is available through our crowd funding campaign at Pledge Music: www.pledgemusic.com/projects/secondhandrose

    Includes unlimited streaming of 乐经之路 The Long Lost Songbook of Chinese Rock via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more.
    ships out within 1 day

      $10 USD or more 

     

1.
04:17
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

about

This is a sampler album we prepared for our upcoming "Useless Rock" America Tour. The album is available for download at www.pledgemusic.com/projects/secondhandrose

credits

released September 16, 2014

tags

license

all rights reserved

about

Second Hand Rose Beijing, China

Everything seems to be second hand in China. Marx, Weibo, rock music, even the women. Searching through the rumble, an old broken shoe makes us laugh, jump with joy.

contact / help

Contact Second Hand Rose

Streaming and
Download help

Track Name: Trick 伎俩
大哥你玩摇滚你玩它有啥用啊
Big brother, what the heck're you playing rock for?

我必须学会新的卖弄啊
I need to learn new tricks
这样你才能继续地喜欢呐
So that you’ll keep listening
看那艺术像个天生的哑巴
See, art is born mute
他必须想出别的办法说话
It has to invent ways to speak
说话
To speak

究竟摇滚是累坏你的身子儿啊
In the end, is rock wiping you out
还是累坏了你这个人儿
Or is it wiping you clean away
看那爱情它像个瞎子
See, love is like a blind man
他必须找到位置说话
It has to find a place to speak from
说话
To speak from

看来你是学会新的卖弄了
Sure you’ve learned to show off
要不怎么那么招人的喜欢
Why else does everyone love you?
可是你还是成了一个哑巴
But you’ve lost your ear, your voice
神神叨叨地说着一些废话
Stuttering strange nonsense
废话
Nonsense

终究是成不了个有情的婊子儿
In the end, do you fail as love’s whore
还是装不明白个有义的戏子儿
Or as an actor that can’t play love
只是理想咋突然那么没劲儿
Big ideals are so lame in the end
看着你我也再说不出什么词儿
Looking at you, I can’t say another word
什么词儿
Another word
Track Name: 征婚启事 Lonely Hearts Ad
那天我心情实在不高兴啊
That day I was really in a bad mood
找了个大仙我算了一卦
I found a fortune-teller, who laid out my cards
他说我的婚姻只有三年的长呀
He said my marriage would only last three years
我那颗爱她的心有点慌
This heart of mine that loved her so was a little confused

混到了北京我混没了牵挂
I drifted off to Beijing, I drifted away my worries
混乱了生活我混长了头发
I drifted my life into a mess, I drifted my hair long
究竟是什么让我无法自拔呀
in the end, why couldn't I tear myself away
是不是我拔出来真的就软了
could it be that I had softened when I pulled it out

我做个艺术家
I play the artist
我娶个艺术家
I take an artist wife
我嫁个艺术家
I take an artist husband
我毁你个艺术家
I destroy you, artist

这时我发现我呀是否真的病了
That time I made a discovery; was i really sick?
是找了个鸡呀我就随了那个鸡了吧
should I be content with the man I found
还是找条狗哇我嫁了那条狗哇
or should I find a dog and promise my hand to that dog
这时我惊奇地发现我是否怀孕了
that time I made a surprising discovery; was I pregnant?

我做个艺术家
I play the artist
我娶个艺术家
I take an artist wife
我嫁个艺术家
I take an artist husband
我毁你个艺术家
I destroy you, artist

谁害怕贫穷
who fears poverty
谁害怕富有啊
who fears wealth
谁会天长
who outlives heaven
谁不会地久
who isn't as old as the earth
如果你恨 你就恨出个追求
if you hate, you’ll give birth to aspiration
如果你爱我 我会一丝不……
if you love me, I'll strip down to the…
Track Name: 采花 Picking Flowers
有一位姑娘像朵花儿
There was a girl who looked like a flower
有一个爷们儿说你不必害怕
There was a fellow who told her don’t be afraid
一不小心他们成了家
A careless moment… and already they were a family
生了个崽子一起挣扎
Had a little rascal and struggled together

从前的理想看来挺可怕的
Past ideals are quite ugly when you look back at them
爱情能当饭吃会更伟大
Wouldn’t it be greater to make love the way we eat rice
为了能有个新鲜的明天
Just in order to have a fresh tomorrow
你再也听不懂你说的是啥
You’ll say anything, not knowing what you say

我说呀姑娘你别害怕
I tell you, girl don’t you be afraid
有谁会总像一朵小花
Who looks like a flower forever
我愿为你唱那么一首歌
I’d like to sing you a song
上哪儿找天生的一对儿啊
Where to look for a destined pair
我愿为你唱首歌
I’d like to sing you a song
和谁在一起不是一对儿啊
Whoever you're with, aren't you a pair?
我愿为你唱首歌啊
I’d like to sing you a song
上哪儿找天生的一对儿啊
Where to find a predestined pair?
Track Name: 生存 Oh Life
是否每天忙碌只为一顿饭
Are you struggling everyday for a single meal?
是否幻想里只有绫箩绸缎
Are your hopes mere frayed fragments?
是否爱人已爱成了一个伴
Have you loved your lover into a partner?
是否半夜你心痒痒直蹭炕沿儿
Is your mind itching in the middle of the night, as you lie on the edge of the bed?

日子一天天不会总是阳光灿烂
Everyday can't be bathing in sunlight
岁月一年年收获的比醋还酸
Year on year your harvest is more sour than vinegar
幸福像在天上磨磨唧唧不下凡
It seems happiness grinds and grumbles up in heaven and doesn’t come down

花花绿绿的危险时刻就在你身边儿
The ever-changing moment of crisis is right by your side
身边儿
By your side
身边儿
By your side
身边儿
By your side

为何人让人去受罪
Why do people give each other a hard time?
为何人为人去流泪
Why do people pledge tears for each other?
为何人与人作对
Why do people divide into groups?
为何人与人相随
Why do people follow each other?

哎呀我说 命运呐
Ah ya, I say faith yeah
生存呐
Oh life yeah
我的前列腺呐
My prostate yeah
命运呐
Faith yeah
生存呐
Life yeah
我的膀胱啊
My bladder yeah
Track Name: 好花红 Good Flower Red
我心爱的女人在山上为人画着
The woman of my heart is painting a portrait on a mountain top
画着一个快要死去的老鬼
She paints an old ghost on his death bed
那个老鬼年轻像我可怕的从前啊
That old ghost looks young like my frightening past
手里握着我为那女人捡的玫瑰
In his hand he holds the rose I picked for that girl
哎呀
Oh yeah
我那女人画着画着快要枯萎
That woman of mine paints and paints until she’s about to wither
那个老鬼留下了满山的遗憾呐
That old ghost dwells in immense regret over her
为啥他在死前一直吻着花的蕊
I heard that up to his death he was smelling flower pistils
为啥我那可怜的女人没有张开嘴
But that pitiful woman of mine never opened her mouth
我努力地攻击着花的
I’m vigorously assaulting the flower’s
蕊呀
Pistil
玫瑰呢呢喃喃说
The rose hums that it’s
不对
Not the right spot
我努力地攻击着花的
I’m vigorously assaulting the flower’s
蕊呀
Pistil
可我怎么用嘴去唱出
Oh how could this mouth of mine herald this
二手玫瑰
Second Hand Rose
好花红那个红又艳呐
Best flower red, it’s red and gorgeous
谁不愿那个骗她入胸怀呀
Who doesn’t want to deceive her into his arms
一层层剥下去让嫩的露出来呀
Stripping layer after layer revealing the tender parts
你说那情不变花也不会败呀
Yet saying if love doesn’t change, flowers won't perish either
为啥我那女人为啥非要枯萎
You say that woman of mine why did she have to wither?
那个老鬼为啥要留下了遗憾呐
And that old ghost why did he dwell in regrets?
为啥他在死前一直吻着花的蕊
Why did he up to his death smell flower pistils?
为啥我那可怜的女人没有张开嘴
Why did that pitiful woman of mine never open her mouth?
我努力地攻击着花的蕊呀
I’m vigorously assaulting the flower’s pistil
蕊呀
Pistil
玫瑰呢呢喃喃说位置不对
The rose hums that it’s not the right spot
不对
Not right
我努力地攻击着花的蕊呀
I’m vigorously assaulting the flower’s pistil
蕊呀
Pistil
可我怎么用嘴去唱出
Oh how could this mouth of mine herald this
二手玫瑰
Second Hand Rose
好花红
Good flower red
二手玫瑰
Second Hand Rose
好花红
Good flower red
二手玫瑰
Second Hand Rose